Overview of the Project
Kakinada Special Investment Region (KSIR) is strategically located in East Godavari District of Andhra Pradesh and on the Vizag Chennai Industrial Corridor and is also part of Petroleum, Chemical, Petro-chemical Investment Region (PCPIR), an Investment Region promoted by Government of India to tap the vast potential of oil and natural gas reserves in the Krishna–Godavari Basin.
East Godavari district of AP is amongst the most literate and progressive district of AP. The district is blessed with abundant water from its perennial river – Godavari, making it a natural and strong base for agriculture, aquaculture and Food Processing Industries. The tremendous oil and gas discoveries in the Godavari basin makes this district an ideal ground for energy and hydrocarbon based industries.
KSIR is spread in over 10,000 acres. The project has been conceived as a port based industrial park with Special Economic Zone & Port based industrial area in it. The Project would cater to the existing industries at Kakinada, mainly Process Industries and expand into emerging sectors such as Food Processing, Refinery & Petrochemical, Renewable Energy, Ship Building, Biotech, Nanotech, IT/ITEs, Toys, Games and Sports Goods manufacturing Parks etc.
KSIR is located in the most literate East Godavari District making it an advantageous location for abundant skilled labor availability
Having the best of the connectivity channels through all transportation modes like
- On the Vizag Chennai Industrial Corridor
- 12 Kms to the nearest National Highway
- 10 Kms to the Rail network (Chennai – Howrah Rail line)
- Upcoming dedicated port in KSIR in 2 Kms
- Existing Kakinada Deep Water Port – 20 Kms
- Nearest Airports at
- 55 Km Rajamundry
- 160 Kms (Vishakapatnam)
Ready Built Factory
Constructed Ready Built Factory having a floor space of 5,000 sq.mt in the SEZ area available for Orange & Green Category Industries, this is to help industries who are in immediate need shop floor for their business operations and will also ease the initial capital expenditure.
It is a pre-fab structure designed for a wind speed of 180 KMPH with 5.8 mts height at eaves and 8.1 mts height at centre.
Click Here To View Gallery
KSIR currently houses Pals Plush (A leading toy manufacturer, supplier to US based HASBRO), spread in an area of ~1,00,000 sq.ft and houses more than 600 employees. Many international companies have expressed their interest and are in various stages in establishing their units at KSIR.
Click Here To View Gallery
- Established a 33/11 KV Substation and is operational
- Inked agreement with M/s Devi Fisheries Limited to establish their sea food processing unit.
- M/s Standard Stitches Limited has signed an MoU with GoAP for establishing the apparel unit in Andhra Pradesh stating the location as Kakinada SEZ with an investment of about Rs. 130 Cr and provides employment opportunities to over 3500 people.
- M/s Oil Field Warehouse & Services Limited has signed an MoU with GoAP for establishing the Oil Field warehousing & Services unit in Andhra Pradesh stating the location as Kakinada SEZ with an investment of about Rs. 20 Cr and provides employment opportunities to over 100 people.
- M/s Pals Plush India Pvt. Limited has signed an MoU with GoAP for establishing the furnishing manufacturing unit in Andhra Pradesh stating the location as Kakinada SEZ with an investment of about USD 2.5 Mn and provides employment opportunities to over 600 people.
- M/s Petropath Fluids (India) Pvt. Limited has signed an MoU with GoAP for establishing the Oil Field equipment & Services unit in Andhra Pradesh stating the location as Kakinada SEZ with an investment of about Rs. 15 Cr and provides employment opportunities to over 100 people.
Government of Andhra Pradesh and HPCL-GAIL Consortium signed an MOU for setting up a petrochemical cracker complex in 2000 acres of land of Kakinada SIR (KSIR), with a proposed investment of Rs. 40,000 Cr.
Further the company has
- Signed MOU with DCM Shriram for setting up integrated Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC) plant in 200 acres (petrochemical downstream industry).
- Signed MOU with Deepak Phenolics (a subsidiary of Deepak Nitrate Ltd) for setting up a plant to produce Cumene – Phenol and Acetone & Propylene Oxide in 100 acres (petrochemical downstream industry).
- Signed MoU with Chemplast Sanmar to set up a Vinyl Chloride Monomer plant spread over 50 acres, which could create employment opportunities to 350 people.
- Signed MOU with Kamineni Steel and Power India Private Ltd to set up a steel billet manufacturing facility in 100 acres.
- Signed MOU with United Seamless Tubular Private Ltd to set up a Seamless Pipe manufacturing facility in 100 acres.
- Executed lease deed with M/s Nekkanti Sea Foods Limited to establish their sea food processing unit
Corporate Social Responsibility
KSIR has also carried out various CSR activities through GMR Varalakshmi Foundation (A CSR arm of GMR group) like
- Establishment of a 8 bedded hospital with a free facilities
- A mobile medical unit to conduct health camps in the nearby villages
- Constructed a modern school in collaboration with Sarva Shikhsa Abhyan, a GoAP body
- Established a Rural BPO centre for the educated rural youth in association with TATA Group for the development of nearby villages. Currently employs more than 50 and are in processing of recruiting about 100 people.
- The company also imparts skill inducement & enhancement training to rural populace without any cost to them through its vocational training centerss
KSIR has constructed ~1000 houses for the project affected people with social infrastructure which has also been declared as a separate panchayat by GoAP
Click Here To View Gallery
Devi Fisheries Limited:
Devi Fisheries has entered into agreement with KSEZ for establishing a sea food processing unit, which provides employment opportunities to over 1000 people.
Devi Fisheries Limited is one of the largest & fastest growing sea food companies in Asia. With unmatched expertise in hatchery, farming and processing, the company has forged a formidable niche in the market.
Kamineni Steel & Power India Pvt. Ltd:
Kamineni Steel & Power India Pvt. Ltd. (KSP), is a producer of high quality billets, in both round and square cross sections, for varied industrial segments.
KSP intends to setup steel billet manufacturing facility at Kakinada SEZ in an area of 100 acres.
KSP is part of Kamineni Group, is a multi-business conglomerate driven by vibrant and innovative corporate practices and strategies. The Conglomerate is constituted by about ten companies each unique unto itself. This multi-pronged approach to business and wealth creation stems from the core business philosophy of the group to span across diverse segments in order to realize holistic growth. The conglomerate has strong and vibrant presence in a variety of sectors such as health, education, infrastructure development and manufacture.
Nekkanti Sea Foods Limited
Nekkanti Sea Foods Limited has executed a lease deed with KSEZ for establishing their sea food processing plant at KSIR, it would provide employment opportunities to over 500 people.
Nekkanti Sea Foods Limited (NSFL) is one of the largest exporters of seafood from India and has been in this business for over two decades. Nekkanti, from a humble beginning in the seafood industry, integrated backward by venturing into deep sea trawling and processing seafood. In 1985, Nekkanti started its operations by taking up a leased processing facility in Kakinada. Later in 1989, NSFL setup its own processing facility in Visakhapatnam. Nekkanti has since then never looked back. NSFL is a fully integrated seafood entity with Hatcheries, Aqua Farms and State-of-the-Art Process Plants, enabling it to deliver quality product, second to none.
Delicate Frozen Seafoods Pvt. Limited
Delicate Frozen seafoods pvt. limited has obtained approval to establish a sea food processing unit at KSIR.
It is a subsidiary of Grobest Corporation, Thailand. Grobest Group was founded in Taiwan in 1974 and is currently having 18 subsidiary companies in 10 countries located throughout the world.
KSIR - Overview Presentation