Overview of the Project
Kakinada Special Investment Region (KSIR) is strategically located in East Godavari District of Andhra Pradesh and on the Vizag Chennai Industrial Corridor and is also part of Petroleum, Chemical, Petro-chemical Investment Region (PCPIR), an Investment Region promoted by Government of India to tap the vast potential of oil and natural gas reserves in the Krishna–Godavari Basin.
East Godavari district of AP is amongst the most literate and progressive district of AP. The district is blessed with abundant water from its perennial river – Godavari, making it a natural and strong base for agriculture, aquaculture and Food Processing Industries. The tremendous oil and gas discoveries in the Godavari basin makes this district an ideal ground for energy and hydrocarbon based industries.
KSIR is spread in over 10,000 acres. The project has been conceived as a port based industrial park with Special Economic Zone & Port based industrial area in it. The Project would cater to the existing industries at Kakinada, mainly Process Industries and expand into emerging sectors such as Food Processing, Refinery & Petrochemical, Renewable Energy, Ship Building, Biotech, Nanotech, IT/ITEs, Toys, Games and Sports Goods manufacturing Parks etc.
KSIR is located in the most literate East Godavari District making it an advantageous location for abundant skilled labor availability
Having the best of the connectivity channels through all transportation modes like
- On the Vizag Chennai Industrial Corridor
- 12 Kms to the nearest National Highway
- 10 Kms to the Rail network (Chennai – Howrah Rail line)
- Upcoming dedicated port in KSIR in 2 Kms
- Existing Kakinada Deep Water Port – 20 Kms
- Nearest Airports at
- 55 Km Rajamundry
- 160 Kms (Vishakapatnam)
KSIR currently houses Pals Plush (A leading toy manufacturer, supplier to US based HASBRO), spread in an area of ~1,00,000 sq.ft and houses more than 600 employees.
Many international companies have expressed their interest and are in various stages in establishing their units at KSIR.
Click Here To View Gallery
Corporate Social Responsibility
KSIR has also carried out various CSR activities through GMR Varalakshmi Foundation (A CSR arm of GMR group) like
- Establishment of a 8 bedded hospital with a free facilities
- A mobile medical unit to conduct health camps in the nearby villages
- Constructed a modern school in collaboration with Sarva Shikhsa Abhyan, a GoAP body
- Established a Rural BPO centre for the educated rural youth in association with TATA Group for the development of nearby villages. Currently employs more than 50 and are in processing of recruiting about 100 people.
- The company also imparts skill inducement & enhancement training to rural populace without any cost to them through its vocational training centerss
KSIR has constructed ~1000 houses for the project affected people with social infrastructure which has also been declared as a separate panchayat by GoAP
Click Here To View Gallery
Oil Country Tubular Limited:
Oil Country Tubular Limited (OCTL), is a processer of a wide range of Oil Country Tubular Goods required for the Oil Drilling & Exploration Industry.
OCTL intends to setup world class processing and threading plant facility at Kakinada SEZ in an area of 50 acres.
OCTL is part of Kamineni Group, is a multi-business conglomerate driven by vibrant and innovative corporate practices and strategies. The Conglomerate is constituted by about ten companies each unique unto itself. This multi-pronged approach to business and wealth creation stems from the core business philosophy of the group to span across diverse segments in order to realize holistic growth. The conglomerate has strong and vibrant presence in a variety of sectors such as health, education, infrastructure development and manufacture.
KSIR - Overview Presentation