GMR Group is developing GMR Krishnagiri Special Investment Region (GKSIR) near Hosur, Krishnagiri district, Tamilnadu. GKSIR is a greenfield, state of the art, large scale integrated, multi product industrial project, developed through a Joint Venture with Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation (TIDCO).
The project site is located in close proximity to
- Hosur (25 kms), which is Automotive and precision engineering base
- Electronic City, Bangalore (45 kms), which is home for global IT majors and R&D facilities
The project site has locational advantage due to its proximity to
- Bangalore International Airport, 90 kms
- Chennai International Airport, 290 kms
- Chennai Port, 310 kms
The GKSIR project is spread over 2800 acres and is envisaged to comprise of various components viz. Industrial, Real estate, Services and Social components
World class Infrastructure & Utilities
GKSIR has been planned with world class infrastructure and utilities, such as Road Connectivity, Water Supply System, Water Treatment Plant (WTP), Storm/Rain Water Drainage, Electrical Distribution System, Digital Infrastructure Network, Sewerage Treatment Plant (STP), Solid Waste Management, Solar Power Plant, and Power Substation.
Other Key Features
- This multi product Industrial Investment Zones will focus on a variety of industries ranging from Bio Technology, Renewable Energy and other emerging industries besides the traditional electronics, manufacturing and engineering areas
- Additional benefits of this Industrial Investment Zones include excellent connectivity through state highway NH 7 and a good railway network
- Over three Over three hundred thousand people would be benefiting from this Industrial Investment Zones, both through direct and indirect employment
- An added advantage of this project would be the related development through its multiplier effect, on the physical and social infrastructure in the region