New Delhi, December 20, 2018:
GMR Group led Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL) along with Air Traffic Control (ATC) and India Meteorological Department (IMD) today announced the preparedness for the Fog season at Delhi Airport. The airport is completely equipped to minimize inconvenience to passengers and ensure continuity of flight operations during Low Visibility Period.
Speaking on the fog preparedness DIAL CEO, Mr. Videh Kumar Jaipuriar said
, "To combat Delhi Fog Air Traffic Controllers, Airlines, Ground Handlers, Meteorological Department and Airport staff work in close coordination. Handling operations smoothly during fog is a true reflection of our capabilities, Operational-Readiness, Emergency-Preparedness and Crises Response. Our Terminal team ensures sufficient food and beverage, updated flight information and takes care of other requirement of passengers and airlines. On Airside, DIAL staff provides Follow-Me service to ensure seamless movement of aircraft in dense fog situation and maintain vigil to avoid any untoward incident. Our Cityside team works with equal rigor to ensure the vehicular movement on the roads and parking areas is orderly and safe.”
Speaking on the operational readiness, Mr. S.B. Sharma, General Manager, Air Traffic Management (ATM)-ATC said
, "IGI Airport, Delhi is well equipped to handle aircraft operations safely during the periods of poor visibility. For this, the Low Visibility Procedures (LVP) for handling Air Traffic during fog have been promulgated for all Air Traffic Controllers at IGI Airport. Additionally, a Collaborative Decision Making Cell (CDM Cell) is well established at IGI Airport for better coordination among all the stakeholders especially during the periods of fog. With these measures predictability of flight operations would improve and commuting of passengers would be facilitated.”
The facilities available at T3, T2, T1D and T1C during this fog season are aimed at providing the passengers with timely information and offer them all possible amenities. The overall highlights of DIAL's readiness for the fog season are as follows:-
|Passenger Terminals - T3, T2, T1D and T1C
- Ensure 100% availability of Flight Information Display System (FIDS)
- Display weather related information at MATV screens inside Terminals
- Frequent updates to passengers/visitors on expected time of departures (ETD) and arrivals (ETA).
- Helpdesks installed at entry gates where information on cancellations and delays will be displayed
- Dynamic deployment of Terminal Operations staff at critical positions to guide passengers
- Sufficient availability of F & B outlets
- Additional F & B counters provided with the intent of ensuring adequate supplies (including in Piers). In Domestic and International Piers each two locations. More eating joints introduced at T3 arrivals and forecourt area.
- F&B partners aligned for faster availability of refreshments at a short notice of time.
- Airlines briefed for deployment of additional staff for appropriate manning of Check-in counters / Boarding gate areas during fog situation.
- Adequate number of trolleys and trolley pushers.
- Ample seating arrangements, especially arrival immigrations and piers have more number of chairs and recliners
- Cleanliness of the toilets and the terminals ensured during fog through deployment of additional manpower
- Dedicated Senior Team available during the LVP period
- Immigration services enhanced post completion of area expansion
- Terminal areas frequently monitored through CCTV systems
- Adequate information desks (i desks) in terminal 3
- Adequate number of trolleys and trolley pushers
- Runways 28, 29 & 11 at IGI Airport are certified for CAT III B operations, which allow compliant aircraft and trained pilots to land even when the runway visibility is down to 50 meters
- 139 parking stands are equipped with Aeronautical Ground Lighting (AGL) System which helps Aircraft to operate in CAT IIIB conditions. In addition there are 89 parking stands available under manual guidance.
- As a pilot has limited view from the cockpit, Follow me service is provided to facilitate Aircraft movement. Trained professionals are deputed for follow me service. These vehicle are equipped with GPS based Navigational system
- Taxiway guidance lights suitable for Low visibility Operation
- Crash Fire tender deployed at critical position during all Low visibility operation to respond to any emergency
- Tow Crane readily deployed for ensuring smooth traffic flow
- Additional Traffic Marshals deployed for smooth flow of traffic
- Adequate lighting provided in the Car Parking
- Airport Patrol Vehicles fitted with PA system, Radio Sets and Beacons
- The complete Airport road network is distinctly and clearly painted with Retro reflective paints with Glass beads for better visibility
- All the signage have retro reflective tapes of high quality which gives better directional control for the driver
- The road edges have road studs which reflect and emit lights
- All U-Turns have adequate chevrons and road studs to give a distinct clarity of the edges
- The LUX levels of all electrical poles are maintained for better road visibility
- Reflective tapes are fixed on all electrical poles
- There are Go slow Led barriers on required barriers
- No vehicles allowed to park on the roads through 24x7 patrolling by the bikers
||DIAL's website, www.newdelhiairport.in, will provide the following services:
Live Flight Information - For both Domestic and International carriers Booking services for-
- Park & Fly: Book your car carking online. Come to Airport, Park and Fly out
- Snooze Pod: Take a nap at the Snooze Pods at the terminals
- Hotel: Holiday Inn Express exclusively for passengers at Delhi Airport can be booked here
- Lounges: Book your visit to the lounge in Advance
- Search for Air tickets and Hotels
- Interactive Airport Maps
- All Airport Facilities
- Information on the stores at the airport- All shopping, F&B and Services available at the terminals
- Details of new store launches or marketing promotions at the terminals
- Videos to guide first time travelers through the Airport
- Information on Safety Norms and Govt Advisory
- Contact Us Section to listen to passengers and stake holders
- IGIA live on Social media:
- Dedicated page on Facebook as https://www.facebook.com/DelhiAirport, Twitter handle as @DelhiAirport, Instagram as @delhiairport and m.newdelhiairport.in for the mobile users
- Regular Updation on Flight Information Display Screens
- IGI Airport has its 24x7 call centre (0124-3376000). Interactive Voice Response (IVR) facility (01161234567)
- Special training given to airport staff
The GMR Group led, Delhi International Airport Ltd (DIAL) is a consortium; comprising of GMR Group, Airports Authority of India and Fraport. The consortium has a mandate to finance, design, build, operate and maintain the Delhi Airport for 30 years with an option to extend it by another 30 years. It has truly proven to be a shining example of Public Private Partnership (PPP). Delhi Airport has been adjudged as World’s best Airport by Airports Council International’s (ACI) in 2017 in the category of above 40 million passengers per annum (mppa). DIAL completed the modernization of Delhi’s IGI Airport including the commissioning of Terminal 3 (T3) - India’s largest Building post-independence, in a record time of 37 months.
The Passenger Terminals managed by DIAL are recognized for their state-of-the-art infrastructure, design and operational efficiency. T3 serves as a hub for many carriers and has truly redefined the way Indian passengers fly. Delhi Airport is a leading Indian airport both in Passenger and Cargo capabilities with an annual traffic of 63.5 mppa in 2017.
DIAL lays strong emphasis on green sustainable technologies and has won numerous awards and recognitions for the environmental sustainability initiatives.
For further details visit http://www.newdelhiairport.in/
For Further Information, please contact:
Group Head & VP – Corporate Communications