Many children from poor families fail to realize their inherent potential because quality education is beyond their reach. GMRVF seeks to identify, encourage and financially support the education of such children from its target communities to enable them realize their full potential. Today, GMRVF supports 276 children to study in schools providing quality education like the GMR Chinmaya Vidyalaya, DAV Public School etc.
Mamatha -A Gifted Child!
- GMRVF meets the complete educational expenses of these children.
- Children from the most disadvantaged socio-economic background are selected purely on their academic ability under this program.
- Foundation supports them providing school material, meeting expenditure towards summer camps, exposure visits, transport facility etc. of these children as they are deprived of a healthy learning environment at home.
- The children selected have demonstrated improved confidence levels. They have also been actively participating in various events and extra-curricular activities.
- Employees of the GMR Group Companies generously contribute for sponsoring these children.
Mamatha’s family supported GMR Hyderabad International Airport Ltd by giving 2 acres of land and a house during land acquisition. Her father Anjaneyulu is a differently-abled person and runs a petty shop at home while her mother works as a wage laborer. Mamatha was selected under Gifted Children program by GMRVF for supporting her education at quality schools. Accordingly, Mamatha was admitted in GMR Chinmaya Vidyalaya, Shamshabad when she was in Std. III. She is now in Std. IX. “Initially I felt nervous at the school as I was unable to follow English which teachers and other students spoke, but the teachers and GMRVF staff supported me to overcome my inhibitions and made me self-confident” she says. Mamatha excels in academics and is also good at painting and sports. She aspires to become an IAS Officer and serve the poor and needy!