GMR Upper Karnali Hydropower Limited, 900 MW HEP, Dailekh, Nepal
- A subsidiary of GMR Energy, GMR Upper Karnali Hydropower Ltd. is developing a 900 MW Upper Karnali Hydro Electric Project (UKHEP) located on river Karnali in Dailekh, Surkhetand Achham districts of Nepal.
- Project Development Agreement (PDA) for Upper Karnali Project has been signed on 19th Sep 2014 with Govt. of Nepal.
- The power project has already received environmental clearance in April 2013. Further, the Directorate General of Foreign Trade of Government of India has already granted a long-term license which is valid for 30 years for the import of power from this power project.
- Major part of power generated from both the Nepal projects will be exported to India through two dedicated transmission lines, which will be developed by GMR Energy, through Nepal based subsidiary Special Purpose Vehicles (SPV).Discussions are on with IFC for their induction as co-developer for Upper Karnali HEP and two dedicated transmission lines for Nepal HEPs, on similar lines as the JDA executed with IFC for UMHEP.
- NOTICE INVITING EXPRESSION OF INTEREST