GMR Energy Ltd. (GEL), NG based 220 MW, Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh
- 220 MW Gas based power plant located in Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh
- An environment friendly gas based plant
- India’s first and the World’s largest combined cycle power plant on a single barge.
- US technology for aero-derivative gas turbines from General Electric (GE).
- Operational since November 2001 and redeployed at Kakinada since April 2010. The company is exploring various commercial options for this plant.
- Received 5 S Excellence Award – 2006
- National Water Management System – 2007 for excellent water efficient unit
- ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certifications from DNV