- 1050 MW (3X350 MW) operational coal based power plant located in Kamalanga Village, Dhenkanal district, Orissa
- It is strategically located close to the coal belt.
- BTG-EPC contract has been given to Shandong Electric Power Construction Corporation (SEPCO), China.
- It has fuel linkages with Mahanadi Coal Fields (MCL) and Eastern Coal Fields (ECL), subsidiary of Coal India Limited (CIL) .There is a long term Power Purchase Agreement with GRIDCO (Odisha), Uttar Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam,
(UHBVNL) as well as Bihar State Electricity Board.
- ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certifications from SPS
- It has 15% untied capacity to take advantage of the merchant market.
- CoD of Unit 1 achieved in March 2013 Unit 2 in November 2013 Unit 3 in March 2014