There are many children from poor families who fail to achieve their potential due to poor access to quality education. GMRVF seeks to Identify, encourage and financially support the education of such children in its target communities to enable them to realize their potential. Today, GMRVF supports 136 children to study in schools like Chinmaya Vidyalaya, DAV Public School etc. which provide quality education.
- GMRVF meets the complete educational expenses of these children.
- Children from the most disadvantaged socio-economic background are selected for this program based on their academic ability.
- The Foundation supports the children, as they are deprived of a healthy learning environment at home, school material, summer camps, exposure visits, transport facility etc.
- The children in the programme have shown improved confidence. They have also been actively participating in various events and extra-curricular activities.
- Employees of the GMR Group Companies generously contribute for sponsoring these children.
A Budding Engineer from Medara Street
Kanakarao is a student of Std. V at GMR Varalakshmi DAV Public School, Rajam, Andhra Pradesh. He was selected through an assessment process conducted by GMRVF in the year 2003 and was admitted in LKG. His parents are very poor, illiterate bamboo artisans. Kanakarao is very intelligent, hardworking and always maintains marks above 90%. He is very active in extracurricular activities and is a good dancer also. He takes part in all the cultural events of the school. He is also a good painter and got First Prize in a drawing competition conducted by Korasala Arts Society, Amalapuram, Andhra Pradesh. He wants to become an Engineer.